While these should be wide-ranging views on a variety of topics, they will likey revolve around movies, technology, gadgets and the Green Bay Packers.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Another Year Alone (or What Happened?)

The game is close

The teams are ready

Fans are excited

especially the folks on the tele

I sit alone

Little tears in my eyes

My team fell apart

At just the wrong time

So this year I watch

Like many before

Not really caring who wins

Just hoping for a close score

 

So I picked up a modern poetry book and read a few. Then I read the preface about who the guy was. Turns out he was a business man who for whatever reason started to write. Kinda cool. I had a Christmas/Holiday book of poems I found at an estate. It was signed by the author, which is probably what led me to buy it. I keep forgetting to read it at Christmas. I won't read it out of season - strange but that is just me. I had a copy of Skipping Christmas for a few years before I remembered to read it a year or two ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home