While these should be wide-ranging views on a variety of topics, they will likey revolve around movies, technology, gadgets and the Green Bay Packers.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Samsung Blackjack

My new phone is a BlackJack. I have spent the last 2.5 years with a Motorola MPx220 flip-phone so this is a bit of a change. The keyboard is quite a csamsung_blackjack.jpghange as well. For having used it for about 10 days, I have a good feel for the phone and it's features. First of all, it uses Microsoft Mobile 5 (I've heard they will upgrade to Mobile 6 at some point) which provides a consistent experience from my prior phone (Mobile 2003). I plugged it into my Vista machine and it worked like a champ. I had my contacts, calendar etc. sync'd with no real effort. The phone itself is wider than I'm used to but about half as thick as my old phone. The sound is really good, including speaker phone. There is a dial on the phone used to scroll through lists - it seems pretty useful, just need to remember it's there. The keyboard is a little daunting at first. The digits are arranged in the normal pattern, but embedded with the rest of the keyboard. On the pic above you can see the gray keys have the digits and letters for the QWERTY keyboard. Typing is actually pretty easy - this creates a problem as I added texting to my plan. We'll see how that works out ;) Samsung seems to like closing the ports with little doors. I've seen this on other phone as well. The power, sync and headset (all one) port has this door that is attached to a string cord or flexible plastic that you open and twist out of the way to plug in. I guess it helps keep the port clean and safe.

I am very happy with this phone. As my old SmartPhone aged, I had visions of spending hundreds on a new one and had not really looked in earnest. The deal I got on this was just too good to pass up so here I am - loving my BlackJack. Now I need to find a BSG theme and I'm in business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home