While these should be wide-ranging views on a variety of topics, they will likey revolve around movies, technology, gadgets and the Green Bay Packers.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

The Deathly Hallows

Well, I was there at midnight last night to get my copy of the last Harry Potter book. This was the second year of doing this and they were two vastly different experiences. The festivities prior to getting the book were similar - both were fun. Plenty of people dressed up, things to do and, well, it is a book store. The problem was the actual handing out of the books. Last year, I was at Books-A-Million and this year I was at Borders - both great stores. The difference - Books-A-Million had prepaid books and Borders did not. Books-A-Million started handing the books out at midnight and I was out of there by 12:10a. Borders started at midnight and I was out of there by 1:30a. Still a fun time, it's just when it's time to get the book - you want to get it and go.

Lesson learned for next time. I just wonder what the next book will be that gets me there at midnight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home