While these should be wide-ranging views on a variety of topics, they will likey revolve around movies, technology, gadgets and the Green Bay Packers.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Parent Teacher Association

I've recently become actively involved in my PTA. I've been a member for years, supported the fund-raisers and attended the meetings. This year is different. This year I'm helping with the website (big surprise there) and considering chairing a standing committee. Why? It feels like the right thing to do. It's all about helping the kids - through the teachers and the school!

I started reading the book Bowling Alone, didn't get far and had to return it to the library. I then purchased the book thinking I would read it on vacation - didn't happen. Yet. However, it quite possibly has subconsciously spurred me on to service. Anyway, it is fun helping and I'll continue to see what more I can do.

Do you have kids? Are you in your local PTA?

If you answered "Yes" and "No" respectively, click here!

 

http://www.pta.org/homepage.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home