While these should be wide-ranging views on a variety of topics, they will likey revolve around movies, technology, gadgets and the Green Bay Packers.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Are y'all bought into the Internet?

So I'm not really from Texas or the south for that matter, but there are some phrases that I find myself not only saying, but enjoying. Y'all. Fixin - as in I'm fixin to write. Wreck instead of the more traditional midwestern "accident". Anyway...

I've been online since the days when CompuServe was king. I've surfed, newgrouped, IM'd (didn't really do chat), forums. All great stuff. Can't even imagine life without it - literally you can find something about anything. How many remember your more youthful days when nearly all information gathering required a trip to a library and if it didn't have what you were looking for it may as well not exist. Two sites have really captured my interest:

1. http://www.blinklist.com

2. http://www.cingo.com

I realize I'm behind the times regarding tagging and all that, but these may have me back on the right path. Blinklist is a really cool way to mark things that are interesting to you, but more importantly, you get to see what's interesting to other people. Like a sneak peak into their Favorites. Cool, fun, wacky stuff. Take a look and you will sign up.

Cingo is a newly developing site that helps track your life. It's a way to share a calendar with family events, track tasks/to-do items all in a very cool interface. I'm just getting started with it, but it has a ton of potential. The development staff is very responsive to feedback as well.

As an aside, I've played with blogs for coming up on two years. Not very seriously as you can see (though I also have a spaces.live.com blog -just as sporadic and idle<g>). But I think that may change. I found the site above from a blog (can't remember which - it led to such a flurry of activity or I would credit the writer). And over the last week have spent way too much time cruising though various blogs and am seeing even more cool stuff. Blogger communities - see http://micheleagnew.com which I found from http://momhood.blogspot.com.

 

Anyway, the point is that people are truly creative and I love that I can still be amazed. So you keep doing cool stuff - just for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home